Wednesday, October 8, 2014

A Peach!!

Family and friends!
 
 
Week two at the MTC has been a peach!
I´m super busy with classes, but I´ve had some breakthroughs. This week started out hard. I didn´t quite have the confidence to think I could do this, but as time went on, I started to see that I could. We had an "investigator" this week (he was really my teacher).

Hermana West and I taught him about the atonement, and we could really feel the spirit guiding the lesson. I bore my testimony about the atonement, and how I know that the Savior had suffered for our pains, afflictions and sins. Because of this we could be comforted and become clean. We can have the slate wiped clean and start over. I lead him to the Mosiah 18: 8-11, and he asked what would impede someone from being baptised. We let the question hang for a minute, and I asked him if he would be baptised. He agreed.

Even though this was a training experience, I felt like if I could even have this experience once on my mission, all the hard parts could be worth it. I felt like I was walking on air the rest of the week.
The rest of the week was filled with classes and not a lot of notable stuff. This Saturday, we go to Rotiro Park again to proselyte, and I have prayed all week that the Lord would provide someone who is prepared to hear the Gospel. I would love it if you prayed for this as well.

So much love,
Hermana Sykes

No comments:

Post a Comment